Sunday 25 June 2017

June Rudolph Days Challenge

Once again it is time for the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Here are the rules for your perusal:

 1. The Rudolph Days Challenge will start each month on the 25th, and will close at midnight PST, on the last day of that month.
2. The theme is always Anything Goes, as long as it is Christmas.
3. One entry per person and you just need to enter one Christmas card or Christmas project.
4. You may combine your entry with other challenges (maximum of 10 in total).
5. Your card (or Christmas project) should not have been previously posted to your blog. It should be posted to your blog during the current months Rudolph Days Challenge, (between the 25th and last day of the current month)
6. Please link back to or at least mention, the Rudolph Days Challenge.
7. Please leave a comment on the challenge post.
8.   The winner will be selected by random draw and announced on the first day of the following month. Prizes will be mailed anywhere in the world.

Our designer Sonia, from  Cards, Crafts, Kids Projects blog, has made the sweetest Christmas Lanterns. They could be tags or used for sweet decorations! I am looking forward to reading her blog post and learning how to make these too.




Crafty hugs for our designer, Linda at Snail's Space blog She is recovering from her hip replacement surgery and I am not expecting her to get round to visiting our entries...she needs time to recover! Linda has made this  wonderful snowmen card. I love the vibrant colours she achieved here and her beautiful colouring.
Linda, I  hope you will be feeling stronger each and every day. I hope you all will stop by her blog and wish her good health...


My card this month was fun to make. I used a NBUS Memory Box die and cut it out a couple of times using white, red, and green card. I glued the white die cut to my background and then used the waste from the red die cut to inlay into the berries, and  the word JOLLY. i then took the green die cut waste and inlaid it into the holly leaves.

I just looked closely at the photo below and realized that I took it before I added the green holly inlaid pieces! The photo of all the layers is on my camera and it is at home. When I left for the lake today, I just brought my phone as I knew I had a photo of this card in my phone photos. Guess I should have looked a little closer...

The background paper is also NBUS, It was from a new 6x6 paper pad...of course the name of it is at home too! I think it was not even a Xmas paper pad...it just looked right for this card!


My prize this month is this Cottage Cutz Reindeer With Scarf die.




42 comments:

Liz said...

Super creations by you and Sonia, Maureen. Wishing Linda a speedy recovery. xx

LesleyG said...

fabulous lanterns, best wishes and speedy recovery to Linda, and lovely card Mo in spite of showing us the slightly unfinished version! thanks again for running the challenge xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
Happy Rudolf Days.
what wonderful DT creations.
Dr Sonia's is so very super and gorgeous, and she is so clever with constructions of her creations.
I love your creation Maureen.
That die cut is a very useful one to have in ones stash, and the paper is so wonderful too.
Special Get Well wishes for Linda.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Robyn Oliver said...

Just love Sonia's Christmas lanterns, Mo... fabulous card from you too - lovely die

Jules said...

Hi Mo .. .. loving your card. Great background and that die is gorgeous! Love how you have used it.

Hope all is well with you.

Love Jules xx

sally said...

I love those lanterns!


Sally x

Mrs A. said...

Not leaving it to the last minute this time. Hugs Mrs A.

Pia S said...

The night scene paper is perfect as background for this large and beautiful sentiment die cut. It has so much Christmas feel to it, it's lovely.

mamapez5 said...

I love the snowman family in their colourful hats and scarves. The Christmas lanterns are very cute, and your card made me smile, because I couldn't see the green leaves. Now I know why! Happy Rudolph Day. Kate x

Sally H said...

Totally stunning creations from the DT! Gorgeous work, Mo!

Kathleen said...

Some fabulous creations from yourself and the DT.

Kath x

Carol L said...

Your card looks fabulous as always Mo, and I'm loving that background paper with the bright white & red greeting!

cotnob said...

Super DT inspiration, thank you for another great challenge.
Pauline
x

cotnob said...

Sorry, I appear to have made two entries - the first one is the correct one.
Pauline
x

Lynne said...

Lovely cards! Thank you for running this fun challenge.

dutchess said...

Happy Rudolph day ladies.....lovely inspiration xxxx

Pat said...

I love Sonia's gorgeous lanterns and Linda sweet snowmen and both very 3D in their own ways, and your MB large sentiment looks wonderful on that night sky background Mo. Thank you for offering such a lovely prize as that reindeer is so cute and such fun. x

Joan said...

I'm another one who's messed up Mo, again, its the first one that is my entry

Joan x

Di said...

What lovely DT cards Mo! I managed to play along, but jusr for fun this month please. Thank you for running RD!

Hugs

Di xx

Lisa xx said...

ooops, I think I may have entered an incorrect URL - please disregard my first entry (no 27

Susan Renshaw said...

It's ages since I joined in Rudolph's Days - hope to be hear again next month!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What wonderful sample cards and projects! I hope to get around to making my Rudolph days card, I just got back from a trip, so we'll see. Thanks for hosting!

Barb said...

Beautiful inspiration from your Design Team. Thank you for another Rudolph Day Challenge Maureen. Barbxx

Karen Petitt said...

Thanks for another Christmas challenge Mo. Both of the inspirations are gorgeous! Please don't worry about popping over to comment huni, I know what it's like when you are ill or not good Karen xx

Loll said...

Your card is beautiful Maureen ... even with the missing holly. :) Love that background paper. And two fantastic projects from your Design Team. Those lanterns are so pretty. And the snow family is as sweet as could be. xx

Gail said...

Thanks for another challenge and inspiration - blessings,

Marianne said...

Wonderful makes the DT. Also love your beautiful card Maureen, and the fab die cut.

Chris said...

Beautiful inspiration from the DT and yourself, the little lanterns are really cute, love the CAS design of the snowman card and your card is so striking! The white diecut with the red highlights (would have said red and green :))looks fabulous against the dark background. Thaks for another fun challenge.
Chris
x

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

beautiful inspiration by the dt :) thanks for another wonderful challenge

nancy littrell said...

Please ignore my 1st entry. The 2nd entry is correct. Thank you. Heal quickly Linda. You will be good as new in time and back to stamping. Your sparkly snowmen are adorable. Take Care. Hugs..

Janis said...

Wow!! What a fabulous background for that amazingly intricate die cut! LOVE that so much. Thank you for another of your wonderful Rudolph Days challenges.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Valerija said...

Wonderful DT projects. Love them all. Thanks for another challenge.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

phew made it Mo... just playing for fun this time thanks enjoy lake time, hugs and prayers Shaz.xx

Tina Z. said...

amazing inspirations from DT, very beautiful and interesting.

Jean said...

Love the DT Inspiation, especially the cute snow family. I,m very late with my entry this time but think I just made it.
Jean x

ionabunny said...

Sneaking in on the line!! Glad I managed to join the fun. Everything crossed cos that Rudolf die is soooo cute. Hugz

Elizabeth said...

Hi Maureen, a quick hello before I go to bed. The cards made by the DT and yourself are all lovely. Reading through how you made your card I can see you put a lot into it ... I can imagine the green leaves :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Cheryl said...

Great inspiration from the DT!

Janice said...

Super inspiration from the design team, thanks for a great challenge.
Janice x

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful DT samples, great inspiration, Kate x

Greta said...

This is a beauty, Maureen! The paper is the perfect background!

Greta said...

Oops--meant to say thank you for the offer of die cuts! You're a sweetie!