Thursday 25 May 2017

May Rudolph Days Challenge

Once again it is time for the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Here are the rules for your perusal:

 1. The Rudolph Days Challenge will start each month on the 25th, and will close at midnight PST, on the last day of that month.
2. The theme is always Anything Goes, as long as it is Christmas.
3. One entry per person and you just need to enter one Christmas card or Christmas project.
4. You may combine your entry with other challenges (maximum of 10 in total).
5. Your card (or Christmas project) should not have been previously posted to your blog. It should be posted to your blog during the current months Rudolph Days Challenge, (between the 25th and last day of the current month)
6. Please link back to or at least mention, the Rudolph Days Challenge.
7. Please leave a comment on the challenge post.
8.   The winner will be selected by random draw and announced on the first day of the following month. Prizes will be mailed anywhere in the world.



Our designers have been busy this month. They have some beautiful Christmas Creations to inspire you!

Sam from Whisper's Cards has made this very cute and fun Christmas card. I love the vivid colours and great design! This little reindeer faces made me grin assoon as I saw them! 

 I think they just might be decoupaged. There is also some lovely stitching here. If you pop over to Sam's blog, you can check out just how she made this card.


Jenny from Cardsarus blog has made the beautiful cardinal card. It looks to me that Jenny has cut a frame of red embossed card and then added the lace cut paper to peek out underneath it.  We shall have to check out her blog post to see just how she created this effect.


We have Pat from Colourful Card Creations blog here as a guest designer this month. she has made this beautiful card. Is that not the most wonderful Santa image ever? A real old fashioned Santa! He looks great on that embossed background.

Finally, here is my card. I picked up a package of lightweight, matte finished cardinal note cards at a local thrift shop. They were still sealed tight, in the original package. I think they were somewhere between 20 to 50 cents for a package of 10...I can not remember exactly!

As soon as I spotted them, I knew I wanted to place a raised frame around the cut down image. I do not own a frame die and my attempts at creating one by layering two dies were not successful.  I cut the frames at my local papercrafts store where they had this lovely frame die for their customers use! I cut it from heavy weight, red glitter paper.


I made my card base from some heavy weight, wood grain patterned DCWV 12x12  scrapbook paper. The teal woodgrain paper is another snippet, from a Simple Stories 12x12 DP. The dotted paper is left over from a card I made earlier this year. The woodgrain border is the cut off strip from when I made the card base into a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 size.

I managed to use a Studio G dollar stamp for my sentiment. I have been making an effort to use a couple of these stamps a month as 'i seem to have hoarded so many!  This NOEL sentiment is my NBUS item on this card. I stamped it on a snippet of the teal woodgrain I used for the top of the card. I would have liked the red glitter mat to be slightly larger but that was the largest snippet of red glitter paper that I had! The stars were punched from another snippet, with the larger one pop dotted forward.

Our prize this month is a choice between this Hampton Art Christmas Stamp


Or, this Sketchbook Peace Memory Box die.





40 comments:

sally said...

The red cardinal cards are fab! Fingers crossed my internet keeps working so I can check everyone's posts this month....the line fault is driving me crazy & also it's so rude to not get round to comment on people's lovely work...keep your fingers crossed for me!

Sally

Sandra H said...

Beautiful show case and well done all l just love your card the robin image and the red glitter shines enough for my liking and of course the back ground simply gorgeous as always x

Jane Willis said...

Lovely cards everyone - sorry I missed last month, Real Life got in the way.
Jane

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
what a wonderful card and super design.
Funny we both chose cardinals for images.
Love the wonderful glittery frame, and your papers are so fab.
I did comment on yesterdays post but can't find it.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous inspirations from all of the ladies and thank you for getting us ready for Christmas Mo! Karen x

Tracy said...

All of those cards are beautiful.
I love the image of the cardinal that you used.

mamapez5 said...

I have never seen a red cardinal bird, but they do look good on Christmas cards. I love Jenny's lace edged frame too. Thanks for another encouragement to add a couple more cards to my Christmas collection. Kate x

Sandy said...

Lovely samples cards from the DT. You really got a deal with those beautiful cardinal notes, Mo, and the end result is just lovely.

Jean said...

You have mad a beautiful card from your bargain note card Mo, I love the papers you used and the red sparkly frame looks great.
Jean x

Sally H said...

Wonderful inspiration as always! I love the cardinals. Shame we don't have them over here. Thanks for getting me organised, Mo!

Janis said...

Brilliant cards by the creative team!!! I love the cardinals!! Thank you for another Rudolph Days challenge to get me making Christmas cards.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Liz said...

Beautiful cards for inspiration again this month. I love seeing the cardinals on Christmas cards. I wish you would sent a few real cardinals over to the UK from the US! xx

Greta said...

Love all the cards you guys made for this month, both cute & beautiful inspiration! Wonderful prizes--hope to play along!

Eemeli said...

I think I have missed out couple of Rudolph's Days in a row. But count me in now.

Very inspirational and beautiful creations by all the DT ladies, and I must say that the sparkly frame on your creation is just fabulous!

Hugs,
Eemeli

Di said...

Fabulous DT cards Mo! Love yours too and what a bargain as well 😀

Hugs

Di xx

LesleyG said...

Thank you for all the fabulous inspiration, and for running this challenge, so I can at least get ahead with something! xxx......I'm just playing for fun!

Lynne said...

Great inspiration and I love those cheeky looking reindeer. I think it's a shame we don't have red cardinals too, they're so pretty!

Gail said...

Thanks DT or your postings and thanks for the new challenge - I will be back to upload - have a blessed week

Joan said...

Lovely cards from the design team, lovely red cardinal Mo

Loll said...

Beautiful card Mo! Love the cardinal ... looks just perfect with the red frame. And great cards by your Design Team and Guest Designer.

Sorry, I linked to my blog and not the post for my entry. Every linky seems a little different. :) xx

Pat said...

What a wonderful card using all those snippets Mo and the bird looks beautiful in the red glitter frame and love that background too. Thank you so much for asking me to be a GD this month and I have really enjoyed doing it. x

Bonnie said...

The note cards were a super bargain and make a beautiful Christmas card! How nice that you can use the die at your craft store! It's perfect!

ionabunny said...

Yeah, a rudolf for rudolf days. Thanks for giving me a great reason to craft for christmas. Hugz

Barb said...

Great inspiration from you Maureen and the Design Team. Sorry to have been absent and I hope you won't mind me showing an older card this month as time has been limited. Barbxx

Gail said...

Thank you for new challenge - and for the lovely prize offered as well - always good to have Christmas Creations ready because it is always here before we know it! Like - here comes summer! Nice job on the creations listed here and the great bargain mentioned

Karenladd said...

Thanks for always inspiring me to work on my holiday cards through the year instead of my usual mad dash in December!! It's so much more fun this way

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Many thanks to you and your DT for their fabulous inspiration Mo. Happy crafting, Sandra x

Megan J said...

Hi Maureen, another fabulous collection of cards from your DT, off to check out some of the cards after dinner. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Mrs A. said...

Having problems linking up to the post itself as my iPad is playing up but have linked to your blog. Hugs Mrs A.

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Hi Mo, I've made my card but not blogged it yet, will by expiry, I trust.
Love your cardinal card, great frame, agree with you...
love all other DT work too, curiously my card was inspired by Di of Snippets land, and Conniecrafter. Saw two things on their posts and it triggered an idea and a card was born. I love it. Will share soon... will do it on an early WOYWW post, I think as time is limited this week asual. 😉
Prayer hugs dear friend, thanks for your faithfulness in running this challenge, you are a blessing indeed.
Shaz in Oz.x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Maureen, love all the design team cards this month and yours with the cardinal is fab. The glittery red frame is lovely, as are the stars - a great embellishment. I'd like to be counted in for the stamp set prize - it has lots of useful stamps in it. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

PS: re the Chinese dies - I have bought several from eBay and for the price they are very good. They took quite a long time to arrive but then China is a long way from Scotland :)

Brenda said...

Oh no, this month is getting away from me!!! Love what the design team has done on this Rudolph Day. I guess I will have to get busy and try to get some cards done, but might not make it in time to post. I need more hours in the day. lol I know everyone could use more hours in the day! Thanks for always hosting the challenge Mo! Hugs, Brenda

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

beautiful inspiration by the dt :)
thanks for having a fun christmas themed challenge
cheers
preeti

Darnell said...

Great DT card inspirations!! Sorry I haven't managed to join in every time, Maureen. I'm just playing for fun! Hugs, Darnell

dutchess said...

Hi Maureen....lovely inspiration from the design team....happy Rudolph day everyone xxxxx

Lynne said...

Sorry I left my comment before I linked up - hope thats ok. Thank you for the challenge x

Anonymous said...

lovely cards being showcased this month! maureen, i LOVE the teal woodgrain paper behind the beautiful cardinal!

Chris said...

A beautiful selection of cards from the DT...what a talented lot you are, thanks for the inspiration.
Chris
x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Maureen, I thought I would have a go at your lovely challenge for the first time. Lots of lovely inspiration for your brilliant team, Kate x

Whisper said...

Hi Hun, what a stunner, gorgeous image & a great mix of DP's.

To answer your question, the stitching was on the paper & I didn't add any extra, luv Sam x