Saturday 6 August 2016

Get Well Wishes

I have a box of  New In Box assorted themed cards from the thrift shop. Whenever I want to upcycle a card, I check there first . The card fronts are in perfect shape and lend well to upcycling. I think I paid 50 cents or perhaps a dollar for a fairly large box of them.

I needed a Get well card in a bit of a hurry and decided this card front needed rescuing!

This is another of my 15 minute cards. Made again from what was out on my desk and my snippets files. The hot pink background DP had been pulled out for another project and seemed to lay there calling out to be used. The vertical panel of  bird themed DP was from my DP snippets and  was matted with a snippet of kraft card.

The stacked circle kraft border was from the papercarft store's garage sale and can be seen on my previous posts outlining my sale bargains. I got a large package of kraft borders for a dollar. A diamond bling was set in the middle of each circle for some extra sparkle.

Quite some time ago, the stars were punched from some more snippets of kraft and the edges were chalk inked and then treated to a coat of Stardust stickles along those inked edges. They were stored along with other random punched, inked, and stickled kraft shapes in a wee plastic drawer unit on top of my desk,  Punching out multiples and finishing them up ahead of time, lends to making up quick and easy cards. Some more gems were added to the stars just for a little impact.

I cut the get well card front down into a square topper, matted again with kraft and touched up the flowers here and there with my trusty Stardust Stickles.


I used so many snippets on this card that I must drop this card by Di's blog at Pixies Crafty Workshop where the theme is always "Must Use Snippets".

11 comments:

brenda said...

I'm just back from holiday so popping in to see what I've missed and your lovely creation in this post is a great starting place.

B x

chrissie said...

Great ideas on this project

Love Chrissie xx

Cara said...

What a brilliant card you rustled up! Sure to cheer your friend up. Cara x

Di said...

Now that's genius, buying cards to chop up as toppers! Come to think of it, I did that back in my early days of crafting for Christmas time. Love all the extra elements you've added Mo - and the papers you used are just perfect for the image!

Hugs

Di xx

Pia S said...

The colors are so beautiful and they match really well. Great rescue job! Its a beautiful card with a feminine touch.

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Maureen, a pretty topper and lovely colours.
Pauline
x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a lovely design Maureen...especially love the softness of the image and the way you showcased it using such pretty papers
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Sandra H said...

l love to recycle and your have done a beautiful job with your card x

Pat said...

This is such a pretty card Maureen and should brighten the day of the recipient I'm sure. I love the upcycled pot of geraniums which make a beautiful focal image, and the gorgeous pink background paper with that strip of light blue goes really well with the kraft card mats and embellishments. x

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Mo love that topper with the sparkle on also the fabulous vibrant colours of the papers that compliment the topper perfectly, smashing card
hugs
lorraine x

Greta said...

Oh so pretty! Love the kraft border & all the bling!