Thursday 25 August 2016

August Rudolph Days Challenge

August brings a new set of Rudolph Days Challenge Designers. I know their beautiful cards and design styles will bring you with lots of inspiration for your own Christmas cards.

In no particular order,  I am happy to introduce...

Gloria Lee @  Gloria's Craft Room
Hello everyone! I'm Gloria Hayoung Lee. I was born in South Korea and now live in Ottawa, Canada with my husband and two boys. My hobbies are drawing, painting, and paper crafts.
I really love to make various types of cards and share my creativity with you. I am also excited to be part of the Rudolph Days Challenge Design team.


I am loving Gloria's inky Xmas ornaments and the pretty nontraditional colours she used here.

Linda S @ Snails Space
Hello from Ontario, Canada. I've always had a creative outlet, but severe Rheumatoid Arthritis forced me to give up all of my hobbies so I was happy to discover that I could stamp and return to my childhood love of colouring.
 I usually paint images and create backgrounds with Twinkling H2O's, but I also use distress inks and watercolour pencils. I'm happy to be a designer for the Rudolph Days Challenge - Thank you , Maureen..

You can see Linda's signature painted image style here on this adorable Xmas Teddy card.

Donna Rinckel @ Indiana Inking
Greetings! My name is Donna Rinckel and I live in Bloomington, Indiana. I have three grown children and am married to my best friend, Tom. I was introduced to stamping in 2008 after my mother passed away. My Mom sent cards for every occasion and after I discovered stamping, I decided that I wanted to honour her memory by continuing her tradition. I love to paper craft, crochet, and cross stitch.
 I am about to retire from Indiana University. I am so excited to be part of the Rudolph Days Challenge Design Team and look forward to inspiring you with my creations.


Donna's Nativity themed plethora of Christmas cards are so peaceful looking. I love the way the mats are the burst of colour on each!

Shaz @ Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz
I am delighted to be a part of the Rudolph Days Challenge Design team for the next few months.
I have been doing card making since my Primary years and Calligraphy since my teens.
In 1990 I delighted in the new joys of stamping with ink and embossing, after a trip to Cairns, Qld.
In 2009 I discovered the brayer, 2010 the Cuttlebug, and also that year I started reading crafting blogs and  then began one of my own, Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz

I am loving the glitter paper used for the beautiful diecuts used here. Shaz always has the perfect Xmas themed sentiments on her cards.

Dr Sonia SV @ Cards, Crafts, Kids Projects
Hi! I am an ENT surgeon and a Mom to a crafty little girl. I share crafty projects, tutorials and crafty tips on my blog, Cards, Crafts, Kids Projects.  I love making Christmas projects so thank you Maureen for having me as part of your Rudolph days Design Team.


I love the sweet dioramas that Dr Sonia has created here. They are so full of pretty embellishments! Of course there are full instructions on her blog that are always clear and easy to follow. .


1. The Rudolph Days Challenge will start each month on the 25th, and will close at midnight PST, on the last day of that month.
2. The theme is always Anything Goes, as long as it is Christmas.
3. One entry per person and you just need to enter one Christmas card or Christmas project.
4. You may combine your entry with other challenges (maximum of 10 in total).
5. Your card (or Christmas project) should not have been previously posted to your blog. It should be posted to your blog during the current months Rudolph Days Challenge, (between the 25th and last day of the current month)
6. Please link back to or at least mention, the Rudolph Days Challenge.
7.  Prizes will be shipped anywhere in the world.
8. The winner will be selected by random draw and announced on the first day of the following month.

The prize this month is a choice of this Woodware stamp


 or this Memory Box  Holly Leaf Border die
Good luck!


46 comments:

Kathyk said...

Great prize,just uploaded my entry!

Happy Rudolph Day

Kathyk

Jane said...

What super cards....this has reminded me that I really must get a move on and start some Christmas cards....but it's hard when the sun is shining ;0) Hugs xx

LesleyG said...

what lovely designs by everyone, Happy Rudolph Day!
I'm just playing for fun if that's ok xxx

Whisper said...

Hi Maureen, so sorry, can you please delete my entry No: 2, only I'm away at the moment & have used my iPad & it has messed up !

Fabby inspiration & will comment, when I get back tomorrow, luv Sam x

dutchess said...

Hi Maureen I am here again.....loving the inspiration xxxxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such beautiful creations! Maureen...had already maile dyou on 22nd...guess it must have gone to your spam folder!! My post is ready...tell me what you want me to do!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Hi Mo, it's lovely to be joining you again and thank you to your DT for giving their time to provide such wonderful inspiration, so many fabulous cards. Happy crafting, Sandra X

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Lovely inspiration this month from the new DT, I would love to be in the draw for the Woodware stamp set.

Sue T xx

mamapez5 said...

I love the designer cards this month. Fabulous inspiration. Kate x

Robyn Oliver said...

WOW the new design team girls have made some really lovely cards...great inspiration - go girls

Kathleen said...

Some great cards by the new DT, well done Ladies.
Just playing for fun as I already have the stamp.
Thanks all.

Kath x

Sandy said...

Welcome to the new DT members. There is a nice mix of styles here.

Donna said...

Maureen, my apologies for my post going up late. I am blaming it on vacation brain as I have no idea what day this is. So sorry but my post is up now. Lovely cards to all the design team members.

Joan said...

Lovely DT cards, can't believe there are only three more challenges left this year

Di said...

Yay, I'm here to play (just for fun) Mo! Lovely cards - as always!

Hugs

Di xx

ionabunny said...

Yeah, the best days are Rudolf days. HUgz

Dr Sonia S V said...

What beautiful creations and so thrilled to join you as DT Maureen!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Greta said...

I love the DT cards--great inspiration for everyone!

Jane said...

What gorgeous cards xx

LOU said...

Beautiful creations by the DT and lovely prize.
Lou xo

Linby said...

oh wow such lovely DT work they are all so wonderful.

Carol L said...

Your designers have all made some gorgeous, inspirational cards! Happy Rudolph Day! (playing just for fun this month)

Sandra H said...

Wow such gorgeous creations by all they are so inspiring l have entered my card but only playing for fun so pleased do not include me in the draw take care xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Manu beautiful inspirations and so glad to see Dr. Sonia's lovely work here!

Karenladd said...

Eeek! I'm at my daughter's house, using her computer and I accidentally loaded her flickr photo instead of mine, but I can't delete it now. I uploaded the correct link right after so hope you can figure it out and delete the wrong one. Love being inspired to start working on my Christmas cards early.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Some wonderful creations by the other teamies, and thanks for the privilege of being a GD on your great challenge, Mo!
You're appreciated for all the effort in running this so faithfully eleven times a year.
God bless you in it, Shaz in Oz,X

Liz said...

Congratulations to all the new DT members - you've come up with some brilliant inspiration for us all. Beautiful cards!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Thank you for another Rudolph Day challenge! All of the DT cards are gorgeous! Sonia's set looks amazing! Since I just won last month, I'm playing for fun this month! Have a great weekend!

Jean said...

I'm so glad I am able to join in again this time. I love all the fabulous DT cards.
Jean x

Sally H said...

Gorgeous Makes from your DT, Mo and a great prize. I will just play for fun this time xxx

Gail said...

Fabulous DT - enjoy your ride here! Thank you for the new challenge - loving the DT creations - have a blessed week.

cotnob said...

Fabulous DT inspiration, thank you for another great challenge.
Pauline
x

Karenladd said...

Thanks for the inspiration to start my Christmas cards early this year. Let's see how far I get!

Pat said...

Fabulous cards from the DT Maureen and a great choice of prizes for the winner. I'm looking forward to contributing again next month. x

KandA said...

Happy Rudolph Day, Fabulous inspiration from you all xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I entered in the challenge :)

BożenA said...

DT band created such beautiful inspiration. I can not point your favorite card, because they are all very beautiful. Thank you for this great fun. I'm going to join next month also :-)
xx

Tina Z. said...

very inspiring creations, wow!
tina (treebug)

Marie Bingaman said...

Beautiful cards, and quite the variety too! :)

Megan J said...

Hi Maureen, a great selection of cards this month, I'm sliding in with my first Christmas card of the month... Thank you for hosting this challenge, have a great month... Megan

Barb said...

Hi Mo, I'm so glad to be joining in again. What great inspiration from the design team. Thank you for another fun challenge. Barbxx

Darnell said...

I'm just playing for fun! Wonderful bios and DT cards! Thank you, everyone!! Hugs, Darnell

Valerija said...

Wonderful DT cards. Thank you for the new challenge.
Valerija xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Here I am squeaking in at the last minute. Thanks for getting me back on the Christmas card making wagon!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I only got finished this month by the skin of my teeth. I hope to go around commenting this evening. Thanks for hosting this great challenge!

Eve said...

Hi Mo
Wow! fabulous inspirational cards.
Thank you for the challenge - please can I go in Santa's hat for the die!
Eve xx