Sunday 20 September 2015

Upcycled Xmas Card

Sometimes it is fun to just upcycle some cards. Today's card has an upcycled topper made from some  Christmas cards I bought on clearance last January.  I saw the box of Xmas cards (and envelopes of course) on clearance for less than a dollar. I just could not resist. The center snowflake is diecut from glitter card and is quite pretty. They have pop dotted it forward for a bit of extra impact.

I thought these cards would be perfect for my new neighbours...they often stop by to chat as we work in the garden, or when we walk to pick up the mail.  The community mailbox is about ten houses away...so have managed to meet most of those neighbours now.

So here is the first of a dozen similar cards...I will just use different snippets of DP for the backgrounds. Once I have them all finished I will post a photo of the group of them.



This card has the topper matted with a snippet of red card and placed on a piece of DP...not sure of the manufacturer anymore as the paper became separated from the 6x6 pad.
I diecut the merry script from a snippet of black card. I did not think to record the name of the die...sorry! Will try to remember to update this post once I search for the names of both.

I am entering this post in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets

Don't forget that the September Rudolph Days Challenge begins on Sept 25th. Look forward to seeing all your entries. This month will have a Memory Box die for the first prize and will have a twist of a second prize as well.

Watch this blog for my Rudolph Days Challenge post on September 25th...the prize details will remain a surprise till then...

18 comments:

jimlynn said...

Great recycling and I love that big snowflake, The patterned paper is so pretty and festive with it too. Beautiful!
Lynn

Pia S said...

So clean and decorative and festive. I've kept old store bought Christmas cards and tags but haven't yet gotten around to use them for an upcycling project. But it's on my to do list:)

Kath said...

A lovely bright card - I love your clever upcycling.
Kath x

brenda said...

Great recycling and use of snippets Mo.

B x

Christine Harrop said...

Clever way to recycle your cards Maureen. The stripey paper is very festive. Hugs Christine xx

Sarn said...

Lovely looking festive card Mo. Great piece of recycling.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

cotnob said...

A fabulous Christmas card, a beautiful snowflake and lovely papers.
Pauline
x

Di said...

Great Christmas card Mo! And super find with those cards to upcycle as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Carol L said...

You do upcycling so well with your cards! Great design with those diagonal stripes!

April said...

Very lovely! I am making Christmas cards for Meals on Wheels, so this has given me inspiration. Thanks!

KandA said...

Super upcycling and great colours xx

Kathleen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jean said...

A great way to recycle your bargain cards. This looks very festive, I like the diagonal stripes, and the die cut Merry.
Jean x

Linby said...

Great upycycling - I just sorted some out to do the same today, but if they get made will be another thing! thanks for the Rudolph reminder - can you believe I nearly forgot, only just over the jet lag! I think I might have an inkling about that prize die too.............
Lynn x

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
what a great card, and a wonderful design.
First of all I thought the part under the snowflake was wire with beads on, till
I looked closer.
Wonderful paper too.
My card is ready just waiting in the wings for the 25th.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo Mo thanks for your inspiration so agree on upcycling .. have my card done but not photographed, or even a thought of blogging ...so slack these days .. the days and weeks are really getting shorter am sure :D
Thanks so much for popping over.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Greta said...

Great bargain & wonderful upcycling! I just got cards in the mail from a fundraiser, so will see if I can do something like this with them. Hoping to play along in Rudolph Days--fun to have a surprise!

Unknown said...

I agree Jim - it makes such a difference to up cycle Christmas especially when there is such unnecessary waste at this time of year.