Thursday 17 July 2014

Relaxing - Card 43

I made this Fathers Day card for DH. He loves to go fishing and enjoys the relaxation as much as the sport of fishing.  I thought this card summed that up, quite nicely!  We were not able to celebrate Fathers Day on the official day, so we celebrated it at the end of June, when my girls and grand children joined us at the lake.

Hopefully you will not be too bored, as this is the same image I used on my Son In Law's card shown earlier on this blog.  It just suits SIL and DH so well.  I had to use it!



The fish scale paper is a snippet of scrapbook paper. Wish I had bought more of it at the time. I have one full 12x12 sheet left and will use it for fishing layouts this summer.
The sentiment stamp is from a Costco set purchased many years ago and yet never before used.

****************This is card #43 of 50. I have been on a consumables spending freeze until I made 50 cards (Sook Wang tape and heavy weight card stock exempt).***************
Recipe
Card base -from my stash
DP - unknown snippets from my stash (might be Basic Grey)
Dies - Memory Box clouds; Spellbinders
Sentiment - will have to update the manufacturer once home ( forgot to make note of it)
Stamp - Sentiment stamp is from Costco
Bling -teeny black diamonds from my stash

I am entering this card in the following challenges
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Simon Says Stamp - Spots and dots My dots are the black dots in the salmony coloured fish scale pattern and the dots I emphasized with the wee round black diamonds
3. Whimsy Stamps Challenge - Summertime

21 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Love the card super outside relaxing theme...and never get bored with your cards...they are awesome...xx
The Journey is the Start

Pia S said...

That is one beautiful DP, it works perfectly with this fishing themed image! Your card has a great masculine look and relaxed feel. It looks nice with the clouds too.

Sue said...

Love this Mo:) great layout and that stamp is fab..huggles Sue xx

cotnob said...

How could anyone get bored with this fabulous image, I would quite like that chair for my garden!
A fabulous card Mo, lovely papers and design.
Pauline
x

Doreen said...

Love the fab image and lovely colours.xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Maureen, fab card for your DH, it's a great male card.Image and colours are just perfect, your background papers too, Kate x

Anonymous said...

Love the colours, very pretty card
Hugs Julie P

Brenda Brown said...

Another fabulous gushing card, love the layers and image xx

downrightcrafty said...

this is fabulous love the off set layer under the image plate a great design
hugs Kate x

Caryn said...

What a fabulous Father's day card - love the mix of patterns and muted colours.Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Caryn xxx

Di said...

Great card Mo - that's one image that is always a good one to use IMHO :) And the fish scale paper is beautiful - I can see why you're spinning it out!

Hugs, Di xx

Dortesjs said...

total sweet card

Em Louise Fairley said...

Mo this is gorgeous! The guys are always so difficult to design for and there's nothing at all wrong in using the same design for more than one. We all do it :)

Hugs,
Em x
Creative Em

Carol L said...

THis is just wonderful for the fisherman in your life, er.....fisherMEN. It's a very relaxing image and just screams "relaxation!" Well done!

Words and Pictures said...

Such a great image, and I love the composition of the layers and that sideways sentiment... very cool card!
Alison x

Sally H said...

Wonderful image and a great card, Mo! I love how you used your snippets x

Cathy said...

Love the combo of papers you used, great snippets card, Cathy x

Debs Willis said...

What a great card for your hubby! And I can see why the fish scale paper is so precious :-)
Hugs
Debs

Tracy said...

Your card is beautiful and that stamp looks like you just want to sit back in that chair and relax :)
I just picked up a fish stamp and plan on using it on many cards :)

Sassy Raggedy said...

I love this wonderful peaceful image. Your card is lovely. Forgive me for taking so long to comment. Been a little under the weather. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

Unknown said...

How nice that you were able to have a belated father's day with the grandkids. I really like how you matted the focal image That is a cool idea. And isn't always the way that you never buy enough of the paper that you end up loving and have a ton of the stuff you feel meh towards. :-)