Tuesday 5 November 2013

Twelve Days of Christmas - Day 3 - Bath Salts Decorated Jar

Day 3 of the MFP Twelve Days of Christmas Challenge was to make a Bath Salts decorated jar. The recipe and challenge details can be found here.

I had a small mason jar that had some raised dots all the way around it. They reminded me of snowflakes falling. I decided not to tint my epsom salts and leave them white...to help those snowflake raised dots look more convincing. I did add some drops of Body Shop Vanilla essential oil as I love the smell of vanilla!

I punched an Stampin' Up oval of Best Creations white glitter card and mounted it on a Stampin' Up scalled oval cut from their silver glitter card.

Luckily, Little Miss C won a Christmas set of Marks Finest stamps called Holly Jolly Greetings. I borrowed the holly leaves and colored them with copics. I fussy cut out the teensy set and added it to the front label. I tied a few lengths of very fine silver cord around the top and tied a loopy bow.
                           
The MFP large holly leaves were punched with the Stampin Up scalloped circle punch, coloured with copics and mounted onto a circle of Best Creations Red Glitter cardstock.  I tucked that under the lid just before I put the lid on.  The lid was sort of an ugly shiny brassy tarnished looking thing...so I pulled out my Viva Inka Gold and rubbed on 2 layers of silver. It is amazing how that stuff covers so well!
I am entering this in the following challenges:

1. Marks Finest Papers Twelve Days Of Christmas - Day 3
2. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

13 comments:

Merry said...

Beautiful, it does look like a jar of snowflakes.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Really pretty Maureen and I bet it smells fabulous, vanilla is my DH's favourite! Susan x

brenda said...

Good morning, here on my virtual visits again just to let you know I’ve taken a peek at your latest makes. Have a good Wednesday.

B x

Christine Harrop said...

You are being very busy with these gorgeous little gifts Maureen. Hugs Christine xx

Jingle said...

This looks super cute! Great way to dress up a little gift! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
such a very beautiful jar decorated so lovely. Your holly looks superb,and fabulously coloured too.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Redanne said...

This project and the larger Autumnal mason jar project are stunning Maureen and how lovely these would be as gifts! Gorgeous work. Thank you so much for your kind thoughts too, I so appreciate it. Making good progress. Hugs, Anne x

Sue said...

Very pretty Maureen and what a great idea hope your having a wonderful day huggles Sue xxx

jimlynn said...

What a wonderful gift idea!! Love the way you decorated it and the jar is so cute and pretty.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

this is so cute! i love that little jar with the dots on it and the white salts look very wintery; perfect for holiday gift giving.

Hettie said...

Wow Mo this is great. Love that stamp set, like I need any more!
You will soon have Christmas wrapped up!
Hugs
xx

May said...

Wonderful Christmas gifts....Gorgeous stamping.... Hugs May x x x

Glenda Atkins said...

Ooooh this is wonderful too, love the size of the jar!
hugs
Glenda