Wednesday 4 May 2011

My Scrap Room

I have a room that is my very own:)
It is in the basement and doesn't have a window:(
My husband calls it the dungeon.
I call it paradise!

I have been on a bit of a scrapbooking hiatus due to some health issues. I still shopped, re-organized my stash, played with creating tags, flowers, journalling spots, cards etc...but wasn't actually getting any pictures laid to paper. I soon realized that whether I was "playing" with bits and bobs or actually creating layouts, I still enjoyed my room.

Thought I would share a few random shots...


I found these Ikea cupboards on Craigslist for $100     What luck!!!             
Here are some random shots of the inside of the cupboards.



The chest of drawers that is holding up my countertop was DH's when he was a child. He was delighted to see them reused...They hold my card  and envelope supplies as well as finished cards. Here is the inside view of a drawer...as you can see my trusty labeller was once again put to good use.


These little woven fabric drawers came from Jysk and I just happened to find the matching baskets at Dollarama.  I was lucky enough to find a couple of different sizes of the baskets.
These little stickles shelves were being cleared out at my LSS. I picked them up for around a buck each...what a score! I bought a bunch and haven't filled them all up yet...

I think that means it is OK to go do some more shopping!!!

Hope you enjoyed my picture tour...feel free to leave any questions or comments...

15 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Love all the storage!

Becky said...

What a fantastic room! Mine is in the basement too and I love it! My girls have their own space down there with me and it sounds just as prefect as yours :) Loved seeing all your pictures and storage!

Tracy said...

I too have my own room in the basement with no windows :(
But it is mine :)
Your room looks like a nice size. Nicely organized.

Sue Althouse said...

Love looking at your scrap room - so well organized and inviting! I scrap in the basement, too, and would love to have a window. Oh well. Not complaining.

Steph said...

Very nice! Love all the storage. I dream of having a room like that one day.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love your room! i love all the cabinets--that is what i need. i also scrap in the basement. it is attached to my kids play rooom-- love it!

thanks for stopping by my blog siehledwithakiss.blogspot.com yesterday and taking the time to write such a kind comment. i would be honored if you stopped by again sometime or even signed up to follow me and iwould do the same! thanks again-mp

Heather Landry said...

Your scraproom looks amazing! You really lucked out on those Ikea cabinets.

I wanted to stop by to say thank you very much for following the Counterfeit blog hop to my blog. I appreciated the visit!

Counterfeit Kit Challenge said...

Really great storage! Everything is so nice and neat!

Bethany
Counterfeit Kit Challenge

Jen Cro said...

I like how neat and clean your room is, and it doesn't look dark at all for being a basement room.

Tara O said...

I love your space!! I'm jealous of your little stickles shelves....how CUTE!!!

Susanne said...

Everything looks like it has a space and that it is there. Nice job on organizing!

Emily said...

Love your space! I can't believe the score on the Ikea cabinets. They look fantastic. And I really like the tv too :)

Anonymous said...

What a great space and so organised! I now have storage envy!

Margie said...

If that's a dungeoun,I want to live there!! *Jealous* Love your scrap space!

Unknown said...

What a GORGEOUS scrap space!!! Thanks for sharing!