Friday 25 March 2016

March Rudolph Days Challenge

It is time for the March Rudolph Days Challenge. You have from today, March 25th till midnight March 31st PST to submit a Christmas card or Christmas project.

Here is a list of the rules, in case you are new to this challenge.

1. The Rudolph Days Challenge will start each month on the 25th, and will close at midnight PST, on the last day of that month.
2. The theme is always Anything Goes, as long as it is Christmas.
3. One entry per person and you just need to enter one Christmas card or Christmas project.
4. You may combine your entry with other challenges (maximum of 10 in total).
5. Your card (or Christmas project) should not have been previously posted to your blog. It should be posted to your blog during the current months Rudolph Days Challenge, (between the 25th and last day of the current month)
6. Please link back to or at least mention, the Rudolph Days Challenge.
7.  Prizes will be shipped anywhere in the world.
8. The winner will be selected by random draw and announced on the first day of the following month.

Once again we have the help of the lovely ladies of Design Team A.Their cards will hopefully inspire you to get an entry submitted.

                                                     Berina at Moxie Craftie




                                                         KathyKirby at Purple Princess Diaries


                                                             Jane at Onions and Paper


Hope you will take a moment to pop by their blogs. These ladies have some lovely cards for you to see!

My card is a fairly simple one. One that will definitely fit through the regular postage slot! The image is one that I have used before. I coloured up a bunch of them at the lake one summer. I think this is the last one of that bunch.

I used my Spellbinders Labels 2 to cut some snippets of green and white card stock, and once again cut apart one of my plaid prefolded 5 x7 cards to use for theDP. I love plaid paper and it is not often in the paper craft shops near me. I matted it with the last large snippet of Granny Apple green  I wanted a bit of a contrast and thought this bold colour did just that!
The wee sentiment is from my Wellington Bear card kit.



The image has had a random  coating of Diamond Stickles, just enough to give that Christmassy sparkle. I used Christmas Red Stickles on the holly berries...even added a few random Stickles berries to the image!




The prize this month is a choice of one of the following two dies.
1. The Grand Happy Christmas Die from Memory Box



or

2, The Vesha Ornament die from Memory Box

Image result for Vesha ornament

50 comments:

Kath said...

Happy Rudolph Day! Great cards from all of the DT.
Kath x

Di said...

Oh what a lovely array of cards Mo. I'll be hopping over to take a closer look. Love yours, the image is fabulous and goes so well with the plaid.

Happy Easter!

Hugs

Di xx

Linby said...

Lovely cards ladies - Happy Rudolph Day.

Whisper said...

Oooo what a classy and traditional colours, am loving all the glitter too, Luv Sam x

Kathyk said...

Lovely make from you Maureen, and from my fellow GDTeamies too

Happy Rudolph Day

Kathyk

Barb said...

Great inspirations from both you Mo and the Design Team. Thanks for another Rudolph Day Challenge. Barbxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Gorgeous inspiration from the team.

Sue xx

Sarn said...

Great Rudolph Day cards from you and your Design Team Mo.
Fab prizes but I'm playing just for fun thanks.

HAPPY RUDOLPH DAY everyone.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wonderful work by your DT Mo, and love your "fit through the postal slot" card, too! Wonderfully generous prizes too! Will be back to link over all being well! :)
Started but have a list of must do items first...
May Lord bless you and your family this Easter time as we remember the greatest gift of all, in the Lord Jesus...
" For He is not here, He is risen as He said."
Shaz in Oz.x

Valerija said...

Wonderful cards by DT and you Maureen!
Happy Easter to all!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Thank you for another Rudolph challenge Mo. I just can't believe how quickly the months are flying by again! I'm looking forward to visiting all the blogs over the next few days to check out all of the amazing entries :) x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

It looks like I got too excited there Mo and I've entered the same card twice. Could you please kindly delete No. 9 when you get chance? Many thanks :)

Cara said...

Great inspiration as always. I love the glitter accents in your card, just the right amount. Cara x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Wow, what lovely cards showcased here today! I am looking forward to making something for Christmas. Thanks for hosting!

Greta said...

Beautiful image, Maureen, & love how you used the plaid card & Stickles! So fun to see such a variety of cards from the DT--all lovely!

Sandy said...

Always keep in mind - the more people that enter their card here the more Christmas ideas we will have - now how much fun is that. Plus the fact it is always delightful to see what other people make!!
sandy xx

Tracy said...

Your card is great as well as the DT cards.
I really like the heart wreath stamp…very pretty and love the added sparkle

LesleyG said...

Fabulous inspiration, elegant, cute, fun and sparkly, just right for christmas! I'd be happy with either if I were lucky, but my favourite is the happy christmas :) Happy Easter everyone xxx

Pia S said...

So much inspiration in this post! Yours is simple but very decorative, I love the tartan paper, it makes your card feel really traditional and festive.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Many thanks for removing my duplicate Mo, much appreciated X X

Kathleen said...

Really lovely card Mo, love all the glitter. Have commented on DT individually.

Kath x

MaryH said...

What a diversity of styles in the DT shares, each one just so exquisite. Also loving this fantastic grapevine heart. The berries and gold really sparkle so nicely. Well done Miz Mo. TFS & Hugs.

meg said...

Great variety of DT cards off to see some of the entries now.

Lindsey said...

Oops! Please delete link #19. Wrong link

Lindsey said...

You're doing a grand job Mo getting us organised for Xmas! Lovely inspiration xx

Carol L said...

I too am a huge fan of plaid paper, and I love the card you've made with yours - what a pretty detailed sparkly heart-shaped wreath! I love the DT makes too - everything they make inspires me to get those cards done ahead of schedule!

Stampsnob. said...

Just a little off season Easter lol Christmas card

KandA said...

What gorgeous inspiration cards from you all xx

sally said...

I've off to check these in detail!

Sally

Sally H said...

Great cards from you and the DT, Mo! Happy Rudolf Day!

Margaret said...

My first time here. lovely cards by all.

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful cards everyone!!

Karen Petitt said...

Beautiful cards from everyone! Thanks for a great challenge Mo and apologies that I didn't get to play last month, too ill I am sad to say. I hope you are keeping well Karen x

Megan J said...

Hi Mo, a gorgeous collection of cards again this month, your design team are a clever bunch, off to see some of the DT and entries... have a wonderful week... Megan

Joan said...

Lovely DT cards

Hettie said...

Helloooooo! Late but here at last!!!! Lovely array of cards there as usual.
Hugs
xx

Donna said...

Awesome cards ladies! Thanks for the inspiration.

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
sorry I am a bit late entering.
Wonderful DT cards as usual.
Your card is so lovely, and I love that heart shaped wreath.
What a fab amount of entries.
Will be back to check some out later.
Lots of crafty love Jenny L.

dutchess said...

Happy Rudolph day girls xxxxx

Sandy said...

Grat array of cards form you and the DT.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I'm all moved into my new house now. I guess that means it is time to get back into the crafting swing of things, especially Christmas card making. Great cards! Seriously, y'all show me that I need to Step it Up!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Maureen, lovely cards from you and your design team - love them all. The pretty tartan paper made my Scottish heart sing :) Have a great week. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

chrissy xx said...

Just found you!
Great cards from the DT's
Chrissyxx

cotnob said...

Fabulous DT inspiration again, thank you for another great Christmas challenge.
Pauline
x

Helen said...

Fabulous DT inspiration - thanks for the challenge!
Helen x

Lady Joyful said...

So many beautiful cards! Those prizes are very nice too. :)

Jean said...

I love your tartan card with the lovely hear shaped wreath. Really lovely DT cards too. Sorry I'm a bit late with my entry this month. I must do better next time I have a lot of catching up to do.
Jean x

Tina Z. said...

lovely cards from you and your design team, thank you so much.

Craftychris said...

Fabulous cards by yourself and the DT! I have managed to enter mine in time! Yay! If I was luck enough to win, either prize would be good but I particularly love the grand Happy Christmas die! xxx

Pat said...

Mo, I'm so sorry I have been chasing my tail recently and I was so late with my card and also thought I had left a comment here but obviously looking tbrough I didn't! The DT cards are all really lovely and I adore your plaid and green as tartan is one of my Christmas favourites. I will try to do better and be more organised next month. x