Saturday 28 November 2015

Christmas Card Club - Robin and Day 4 of November Rudolph Days

It is day 4 of the November Rudolph Days Challenge. Here is another Christmas card to inspire you to join in the festivities. You have until Nov 30th to enter a card.  You can enter your card at the Mr Linky widget found on this post.

My card today is also for the Robin theme that I missed at my local Christmas Card Club.
I am posting my robin card very, very late!  It seems everything in my life is a tad late, lately. Hope the ladies will forgive me.

Our Robin theme was set by Sylvie at Gibmiss blog. Sylvie makes gorgeous cards. It is well worth popping over for a wee visit. The other girls blogs are featured on my sideboard. They always have beautiful cards to view.

I chose a Penny Black Stickeroo as I could not find any robin themed stamps in my stash. I even scrolled through my saved digital images and could not find a true robin image. U|sing a stickeroo also saved my hands a bit of grief.


I used snippets from my bits box to mat the stickeroo and then created a couple more layers of mat so I could place the sentiment on the middle mat. The sentiment is a silver foil transfer rub on from a British Company...the name escapes at the moment. I think it is Craftwork Cards or perhaps Docraft. They were a new item at my local shop that I just couldn't resist!

The DP is actually a snippet of a 12x12 scrapbook paper. I bought up a wack of this paper on a clearance a few years ago. I cut them up into 6x6 squares and filed them into my cardmaking DP's. I used a snippet of white card for a Memory Box snowflake corner die and placed a few red diamonds onto the centers of the snowflakes.

Here is a better shot of that silver foil sentiment...I like the script and plan to use more of these...good thing the sheet of them is huge and contains all different fonts!




I am entering this card in the following challenges
1. Christmas Card Club - robins
2. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets

23 comments:

Di said...

LOVE this card Mo! Such a pretty creation and also what a clever idea to chop up your patterned DPs for easier storage!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

LOVE this card Mo.

I am hoping to get stamp version of the Stickeroo for Xmas!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Valerija said...

What beautiful card, love little bird.

Sandra H said...

Sooo cute!!

Barb said...

What a pretty card Mo. Such a dear little bird image. Barbxx

KT Fit Kitty said...

I think the stickeroo is gorgeous! I l love robins! Beautiful card!

Craftychris said...

This is so pretty! Love the Christmas colours and the gorgeous stickeroo! xxx

Greta said...

I really love this card, Mo--never seem to figure out how to use my PB Stickeroos. I'm pinning this! You might want to enter our Nov challenge at PBSC http://pennybfriendssaturdaychallenge.blogspot.com/2015/11/penny-black-saturday-challenge-november.html

cotnob said...

A fabulous Christmas card Mo, such a beautiful image and lovely bright papers.
Pauline
x

KandA said...

Wonderful card Mo. Love that robin Stickeroo xx

Carol said...

Better late than never Maureen and this was worth waiting for...it's a wonderful card. Carol x

Pia S said...

I love robins, there are quite a few in the tree outside of my parents' kitchen window. Do you have them where you live or is there cardinals instead? I've never seen a cardinal IRL, I actually became aware of their existence first here in blogland. Nice stickaroo and rub on!

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Mo this is a lovely card, you can't beat a robin on a card, beautiful colours too, Kate x

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card and a lovely Stickeroo, I keep forgetting about mine.

Kath x

Kathleen said...

Really gorgeous card, love the stickeroo.

Kath x

Pat said...

What a pretty card Mo and birds on Christmas foliage are one of my favourites for a card. I adore your sparkly striped background and the MB snowflake corner which is so pretty with the added gems. I remember this die was my first ever challenge win over at Di's playground and the die was provided as a prize by you. The silver rub on looks great too. x

Liz said...

Really pretty card, Mo, and that die cut corner is a perfect finishing touch. xx

Sandy said...

This is the sweetest card. Chickadees are my favorite birds.
Sandy xx

Jean said...

Beautiful robin image and gorgeous die cut corner. A lovely card.
Jean x

Di said...

LOVE the image Mo - aren't Stickeroos brilliant?! And your card is gorgeous, I do so love that striped paper you've been using,

Hugs

Di xx

MaryH said...

A beautiful robin perched in the pine branches. And I am loving that wonderful striped dp, which looks grand with Mr. Robin. So glad that you had just the right sticker, to save your hands, and it looks great as the focal motif on this pretty card. Well done, Mo. TFS

Hettie said...

Very pretty card there Mo. Liking the birdie.
Hugs
xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Margaret
Fabulous card.... Love the Robin... Sorry late in commenting ... Just trying to catch up...
Hope you are well
Hugs Sylvie xx