Saturday 25 July 2015

July Rudolph Days Challenge

Once again, it is time to enter your Christmas cards here at the Rudolph Days Challenge. You have until the last day of July to enter your Christmas card or Christmas themed project.

Here is a recap of the rules in case you are new to this challenge.

1. The Rudolph Days Challenge will start each month on the 25th, and will close on the last day of that month.
2. The theme is always Anything Goes, as long as it is Christmas.
3. One entry per person and you just need to enter one Christmas card or Christmas project.
4. You may combine your entry with other challenges (maximum of 10 in total).
5. Your card (or Christmas project) should not have been previously posted to your blog. It should be posted to your blog during the current months Rudolph Days Challenge, (between the 25th and last day of the current month)
6. Please link back to or at least mention, the Rudolph Days Challenge.
7.  Prizes will be shipped anywhere in the world.
8. The winner will be selected by random draw and announced on the first day of the following month.

My guest designer this month is Valerija of My Joy Blog.. She has made this gorgeous card using the Memory Box die she won here at the May Rudolph Days Challenge. I love the snowy background behind that great diecut frame, and also the little scarf she added to the buck.


My card today, is a bit distressed and earthy. Hope you like it.



The tree image is from a stamp off class held at my local scrapbook store a few years ago. I so liked the feeling of using up a VOS item from my stash that I decided to chose my card design based on using the last of some my other embellishments.

The sentiment diecut was a leftover, already distressed with a bit of craft paint and the two kraft Marianne Design corner diecuts were left from another card.  I donated all my craft paints when I moved house so  took a swipe of Annie Sloan chalk paint to them to try to get them to match. I got a bit of paint onto the enamel dots as they were already in place from the previous card design.  I then had to scrub them clean...thank goodness for baby wipes!

I managed to find a Merry Christmas rubon to fit that teensy sentiment die, and added a few tiny diamonds to the tree. I even threw a couple of diamonds onto each corner just to tie them in.
All in all, I am pleased with this card. I emptied out a couple more pages from my diecut embellishment storage and used up a couple more snippets for the oval brown mat and the background paper. Now I can pop over to visit Pixies Crafty Workshop where the challenge is always "must use snippets".

 The prize this month is this Memory Box, Merry Christmas script die. Good luck in the prize draw!
                              



43 comments:

Kathyk said...

Just uploaded mine - can't believe I'm first!

Kathyk

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
congrats to your Guest Designer on her wonderful creation.
I love your fab creation too, and what a great tree stamp used.
Thank you for all your hard work involved with this wonderful challenge.
Hope all is well in your household.
Love and big hugs form my house to yours.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Eemeli said...

Lovely creations. Love the simple looks on them.

I have missed out couple of previous Rudolp Days but I try to get a card done for this month's challenge.

Hugs,
Eemeli

mamapez5 said...

Hey! It´s too hot here to be thinking of Christmas, but I managed to get one card ready on time. Two lovely cards for inspiration. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else makes. Kate x

Christine Harrop said...

Managed to get in join you this month Maureen. Love your card with that tree. Hugs Christine xx

Liz said...

Two beautiful cards for inspiration! xx

Di said...

Fabulous card Mo! You really ought to be pleased with it - great design! And I do so love Valerija's card too, how nice to see that she used the prize too!

I'll be back ASAP, bit hectic here today with writing up and Playground plus all the Less is More comments and emails coming in. I hadn't bargained on that - but it's really heartwarming!

Hugs

Di xx

Carol L said...

Thanks to you and Valerija for such wonderful inspiration in your cards! I love the deer image and especially the enamel dots on your tree Mo! Thanks for helping us get that Christmas stash ready on time!

Sarn said...

Morning Mo . . . here I am.

Happy Rudolph Day to you - and all the players.

Love your little tree card.

Valerija's RD card is great too.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Annie said...

Now I found you, I'm looking forward each month to Rudolph Days!
hugs, annie x

Jane Willis said...

Merry Christmas! Love the inspiration cards this month, and that die looks fantastic.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Thank you for another Rudolph Day! Your prize is lovely! I'm on a blog break but I couldn't miss your Rudolph Day - thank you! Hope you're having a great summer!

Jean said...

I love your little tree Mo, and it looks real good in the oval frame and lovely backing paper. Super card from Valerija as well.
You have quite a few early bird entries this month.
Jean x

jimlynn said...

Very pretty cards by your guest designer! I'll be getting my entry in this coming week for sure.
Lynn

MaryH said...

Got some great entries already Miss M. Love Valerija's lovely deer card as she has done it...how splendid that she used her prize so well. Also really like this pretty tree image on those oval mats. It's paired perfectly with that nice background houndstooth. Nifty little corners too. Hope you're staying cool. TFS & Hugs

Pia S said...

I really like the green of the tree with the brown frame and red and green paper. I'm not surprised you're happy with your card, you've turned snippets and old stash into a beautiful creation.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Both cards are really lovely. Both of you know how to add lovely details to a card to emphasize the main image. Thank you for hosting this challenge!

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Maureen, two gorgeous cards, lovely images and colours, hugs Kate x

sally said...

Love the tree! Got some pretty splendid ones right in front of me as I type (larch & noble fir)

Sally

Kathleen said...

Two gorgeous cards Mo, love the way you have framed the deer and the cute Christmas tree on the second card.

Kath x

Carol said...

Two wonderful cards for inspiration, will be back with my entry. Carol x

Darnell said...

Congratulations to Valery on the GD spot! The inspiration cards by her and by you are fabulous, Maureen!! Thank you! Hugs, Darnell

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

WOOOO HOOO!!!
I finally managed to join again long last!!
hugs Shaz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Yay at last I've had the chance to join in with your challenge, I've been meaning to for ages but I'm here now - Good Luck Everyone!
Lorraine

Dragon said...

Love the cute tree, and Rudolph too.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Thanks for this challenge! Congratulations to Valery

dutchess said...

fun playing along Maureen.....xxx

KandA said...

Fabulous cards from you both xx

cotnob said...

Fabulous inspiration cards, thank you for the challenge Maureen - I'm so pleased that I have managed to join in this month.
Pauline
x

Bonnie said...

Love the county feel of your card and that pretty Christmas tree, Maureen! Valerija's card is so pretty too! Both country Christmas cards.

Joan said...

Two lovely card, just popped my July card on

Joan

Craftychris said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous! I feel Christmassy already! I have just added mine too xxx

Hettie said...

Hello Mo. Beautiful cards by you both.
Hugs
Xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Back to comment properly Mo, was unreal haste up above, two beau fully detailed cards to share with us, love them both and slaps the pen above for snippets playground you are so busy, well done!!!
I was going g to make so many Christmas cards ... And still only the one...ah well better get a move on in next less than six months .. :D
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

LesleyG said...

Inspirational cards, they are just fab! Managed to stop by, wouldn't want to miss this one! xxx

Karen Petitt said...

Beautiful cards Mo and thanks for the challenge! It keeps me on track with my Christmas creations Karen x

Megan J said...

Hi Mo, Thank you to you both for creating such gorgeous inspiration cards to share with us! I love your card with the stamping and colouring on Kraft just beautiful! Have a wonderful week...Megan

Barb said...

Lovely cards from you both. I'm very pleased to be joining in with your challenge. Barb x

ionabunny said...

Great cards. Love the deer and your gorgeous christmas tree. Gosh, nearly forgot all about this! Too busy. Will try and rustle something up this PM. Love joining your fun challenge. Back soon. Hugz

Eve said...

Hi Maureen
two stunning Christmas cards - thank you for the inspiration and also getting me to pull my finger out and make some much needed Christmas cards!! xx

Janis said...

Lovely cards and I am so glad to find your Rudolph Days challenge!! I read abt it at Di's Pixie's Snippets Playground. I really need to be working on my Christmas cards earlier than is my usual mid-December habit!!! Ha.
Thank you for the fun challenge!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Pat said...

I've just realised that I haven't left a comment yet, so sorry Mo! I love your country looking card with the kraft card and that pretty tree and corners. Congratulations also to Valerija for her GD spot and her wonderful deer inside that pretty frame and the blue background with lovely falling snow. Thanks for a great challenge. x

Tanja said...

I just joined the July Challenge.