Monday 25 May 2015

May Rudolph Days

It is the 25th of May and you all know what that means...you have 7 days to link up a Christmas card or Christmas project to my Rudolph Days Challenge.

Here is a quick refresher of the Rudolph Days Challenge rules. Don't forget we added a couple of new rules last month!

1. The Rudolph Days Challenge will start monthly on the 25th and will close on the last day of that month.
2. The theme is always Anything Goes, as long as it is Christmas.
3. One entry per person and you just need to enter one Christmas card or Christmas project. (You can have more than one on your post, but your post will still only count as one entry)
4. You may combine your entry with other challenges (maximum of 10 in total).
5. Your card (or Christmas project) should not have been previously posted to your blog. It should be posted to your blog during the current months Rudolph Days Challenge, (between the 25th and last day of the current month)
6. Please link back or at least mention the Rudolph Days Challenge.
7.  Prizes will be shipped anywhere in the world.
8. The winner will be selected by random draw and announced on the first day of the following month.

This month we have Kath of Plain and Simple as our guest designer. Her paper pieced card is so adorable! Kath is a star at making multiples of cards, often for her grandchildren to give to their schoolmates. This is one of those cards...You can just see the field of multiple cards in the background!!!
Hope you will pop across to pay her a visit.


My card features an upcycled  tower of penguins holding armloads of Xmas presents. I merely popped it onto a snippet of black card. This image was cut off an old  Xmas card. I was delighted to rescue it from my UFO box as the theme for Christmas Card Club this fortnight was presents  Zoe chose the theme and you can check out everyone's cards at the hyperlinks on my right sidebar.

My easel card base was cut at my local scrapbook store. If you buy your paper there, you can use their Accucut dies for free. I rolled off this particular die in various colours, so keep your eyes peeled as they will be showing up on other posts soon!


Here is a peek at the inside...


I am still working away at using up my stash. This card is an example of that. All the elements were tossed into a card sleeve quite some time ago and have been languishing in the UFO box for far too long.

Recipe
Card Base - Accucut card base cut at my local scrapbook store
Card Stock - black snippet from my stash
Image - Upcycled penguin image from an old Xmas card
Felt snowflakes - lime green and aqua snowflakes from the Dollar Store
Embellishments - Sentiment, banner, stars, and heart are all Simple Stories DIY Christmas
Bling - Green and Aqua rhinestones

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Christmas Card Club - presents

The prize this month is this Memory Box Reindeer Die. Good luck!



54 comments:

sally said...

So nice to be getting the Xmas cards done early, it's great to have this challenge to keep me on track LOL! Love your penguins - such cheery chaps, I love to see them toddling around.

Sally

Jane Willis said...

Oooh am I first off the mark this month? That might make up for all the months it gets to the 1st of the next month and I realise that once again I'm too late!
Jane

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Maureen, I just love your present plying penguin pyramid!! (I know "plying" doesn't really mean carrying but I loved the alliteration ... lol!) I always forget about my pile of cards that I have kept for recycling; at this rate it will never get any smaller. Hugs Christine xx

Jenny L said...

HI Maureen,
what wonderful Rudolf creations.
Yes Kath is a wizz at those fab creations for her grandchildren.
I love the fab cute Robin, and her wonderful design.
Your card is also wonderful, and I love that fab image of all those penguins.
Fab sentiment the Hello Santa.
Great easel design too.
Sorry about the 2 on my entry I forgot to delete it form my entry last week into the playground.
Thank you for all you hard work on this delightful challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Glennis F said...

I hope this one is OK

Di said...

Wonderful snippets card Mo! Upcycling at its best :) And Kath's card is great - a one-woman card factory!

I'll be back to play ASAP!

Hugs

Di xx

LesleyG said...

Love your fun tower of penguins! and Kath's robin is cute too! xxx

Kath said...

Fabulous cards from both of you - I'll be joining in soon.
Kath x

Sally H said...

Gorgeous fun cards from you and Kath, and what a great prize too!

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Maureen, such a fun image and lovely blues, unfortunately I don't think I will have time to join in this month, still busy with my Mum moving in.
Pauline
x

Sassy Raggedy said...

Those little penguins are so talented..lol I love your card Mo and Kath's card is so creative. Hugs, joann

KT Fit Kitty said...

Congrats to your GD! Beautiful paper-piecing by Kath! Beautiful easel card by you! Great way to recycle - I love doing this too! I'll be back shortly to link up! I was ready this time - made my card last night! Happy Rudolph Day!

Kathyk said...

Just added my entry but I'm just playing for fun

HAPPY RUDOLPH DAY!

Kathyk

Sarn said...

Waving hello.

LOVING both of the above cards. Congrats to Kath on her GDT spot.

Happy Rudolph Day everyone. Playing just for fun thanks Mo.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Craftychris said...

Kath's robin is gorgeous and I love your penguin easel card too! xxx

jimlynn said...

BOTH are so cute and fun. Love the paper piecing on the first card from Kath and your penguin card is adorable! Fun cards for Christmas!
Lynn

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Maureen. fab Christmas card, love the penguins and their gifts, such a bright cheery card, hugs Kate x

Carol said...

Love your card Maureen, such a cheerful image. Will hopefully get back later this week with a Rudolph card. Carol x

Dragon said...

I just LOVE that Robin he's SO cute

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card Maureen, great image and love your style of card.

Kath x

Joan said...

love the penguins, great fun !

Pia S said...

Love both cards, Kath's giant robin is too cute and yours is so festive and cheerful with all those penguins. Great job, both of you!

Peanut said...

A pyramid of penguins! Oh that is just too cute. Hope you're settled into your new home. No need to apologize, Maureen. Rosie's passing has derailed me from my routine too.
hugs, Asha

MaryH said...

Wonderful choice of GD this month, as I love Kath's work. This one's a cutie, as per usual. Clever card from yourself, and brilliant of you to combine it with 2 challenges! You always manage to create a star from your bits & pieces. This one's just delightfully cute, and I'm loving that it was a recycle that you made fit each challenge just so beautifully. TFS & Hugs. (Hope to be back later with my Rudy card...lovely prize too.)

Donna said...

Wonderful penguin card as well as Kath's cute birdie. Great inspiration. I sometimes have trouble keeping to such a short time frame but I was thrilled to be able to participate this month. Thanks for the fun!

Tracy said...

Your card is adorable….love the penguins :)
I should have waited, I posted a photo of my Dec Daily for this year on the 20th ;)

brenda said...

Made it in time I think, was determind this month.

Love Kath's Robin and thank for taking the time to organise it all Mo, I know it takes commitment.

B x

Annie said...

thank you for visiting my blog and letting me know about your Rudolph challenge. I've made a card to enter so fingers crossed!
hugs, annie x

Carol L said...

I just love all those stacked penguins that spell FUN on your card! Kath's card is also beyond cute and she's a great choice for your GD in May!
Thanks for another fun challenge that prompted me to add to my Christmas stash:)

Wanda said...

Found this blog off of Bonnie's blog (Stamping With Klass) Love the stacked penguins card. So cute!

Erika said...

Hi Mo thanks for the visit, I hope you are ok?
Great Christmas card and challenge.

Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Gorgeous projects! I love 'em x

Linby said...

great card Mo - wish we had something similar for the use of dies over here.
Lynn x

Sandy said...

Love both these cheery Christmas card samples.

Megan J said...

Georgeous cards this Month ladies thank you for the inspiration... Kathys Card is brilliant and so lovely that she makes them for her grand children. Have a great day...Megan

Chris said...

Brilliant inspiration cards this month, Kath's robin is fabulous (and so many of them!!!), the penguin easel card is gorgeous too- so much fun!
Chris
x

KandA said...

Super cards from both you and Kath xx

Liz said...

Two fabulous cards! I love them both.

Great upcycling and it sounds like you have a great local scrapstore if they let customers use their dies. xx

Anonymous said...

kath's robin is adorable and what looks like a tree of penguins is too cute!

Anonymous said...

kath's robin is adorable and what looks like a tree of penguins is too cute!

Pippa said...

Love the inspiration cards especially the penguins - penguins are my favourite animal! I actually got it together this month and got a card in. Thanks for a great challenge.

Andrea MacTrinh said...

Love the penguins - so fun and cute. Thanks for the challenge. Ax

Darnell said...

I just made it in by my chinny, chin, chin! Great card ideas!! Thank you!! Hugs, Darnell

ionabunny said...

I'm in!! What fun. Love that deer. Thanks for a fun, fun challenge. Hugz

Valerija said...

Love both cards. I'm in too.
Hugs, Valerija

Elizabeth said...

Love both the cards featured this month, Maureen, especially the recycled penguins - love penguins :) Have a great weekend, Elizabeth x

Brenda said...

Yay, I got to play along this time around! I love that adorable bird card from your guest designer and your penguin card is just too cute! That a good way to recycle those old but still good image Christmas cards! Love it!! Hugs, Brenda

Hettie said...

Phew I made it!!! Not much time left either! Hope you like.
Thanks for your visit earlier.
Hugs
xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous cards, Mo, very inspiring, both the Robin and the Penguins. I had my card ready for Rudolph Day, but forgot to add it. Sweet Sarn kindly reminded me :)

Love and hugs
Maarit

Whisper said...

Oooo i so love penguins and this image is simply so cute, Luv Sam x

Annie said...

Great cards yet again Mo -just made it with mine - forgot to enter yesterday and then saw the link on the playground and rushed over. Ann xxx

Greta said...

Two darling cards, Mo! Finally got a card made & entered for Rudolph Days--yah!

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo!!! I got my card posted in time to play.
Kath's guest design is super cute. Love that bird.

Your upscaled penguin tower is fabulous. I love the hello Santa sentiment and that you used such non-traditional colors.

Anonymous said...

Hello Miss Mo, didn't mean to do a drive by drop the card and run yesterday but my dinner was calling me! Love the inspiration cards, Kath's big robin is sooooo cute! Hope all is well.

Hugs
Brenda