Saturday 16 May 2015

Birthday Funnies from Mr P


Many of you already know that Little Miss C and Little Mr P like to make cards. Truth be told, Little Mr P likes to make and sell his cards.

Now that we live so close to them, he is delighted to just pop by after school just to make a card or two...especially if there is a family members birthday approaching. He has figured out the odds of selling his card at this time are greatly improved!

Here is his latest card. I think it is so darn cute.  I do help them a bit with the card design, but mostly they take out the little photo albums of dies I have already precut, and match them up to the images they have colored.

Little Mr P wanted to use that big yellow Spellbinders  pointy circle frame type diecut, but the aperture was too big for his image. He mulled it over and decided that he could layer some other diecuts, and eventually the matted image would be the right size. Brilliant idea....and it made his card so darn cute!


The DP is all from my bits box. The stripey paper was chosen as it seemed to contain most of the colours of the layered mats. The dotty one was supposed to look like sky! The sentiment is a rub on and just sits on a hand cut banner flag.

The adorable little frog is from Stampin' Up and been given a shot of Stardust stickles. He is learning to stamp his own images now. He has the same trouble as I do with keeping the pressure on the image and sentiment evenly. I will have to remember to go over the sentiment with an extra fine black marker!

The grass diecut is another from my stash of precut ones. My stash is getting low now, so I should spend an evening rolling off some dies. Perhaps it is time to roll off some new ones that have never seen my Big Shot before!

When he was all finished, he turned to me and said "I will sell you this card for three dollars and you can give it to me for my birthday". I had to turn my head to the side so he would not see me smiling!
I did buy it from him, but had a different card ready for his special day...so will save this one  for another day.

Recipe
Card base and envelope - 5 1/2 inch textured set from my stash
DP - snippets from my bits box
Dies - Spellbinders Petite Circle and Petite Scalloped Circles as well as their large Sprocket die; Memory Box grass die
Sentiment - rub on
Stamp - Stampin' Up (he coloured this last summer)

I am entering this card for Little Mr P in the following challenges:

Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets

29 comments:

jimlynn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jane Willis said...

What a lovely card, he is a very talented young man - and has a good head for business too. I'd never thought of keeping a box of die cuts ready for my grandchildren to use, yet they love crafting with me. They're just about to go away on holiday so I think I'll go through my scraps and cut loads of shapes ready for when they get home. Thanks for the idea!

Christine Harrop said...

Very enterprising young man!!!!! But a super card anyway. You have taught him well Maureen. Hugs Christine xx

Sarn said...

Cheeky li'l whippersnapper . . . .with excellent salesmanship skills. I predict he'll make a fine entrepreneur! So lovely that you get to have the Grandies drop by now.

It really is a lovely card . . . he did a good job.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Jo said...

Aw, he seems quite the business man already lol. Not surprised you bought the card off him, he's done a fantastic job....all those layers are just perfect & a great match for the paper too, Hope you & yours are all well!
hugs Jo x

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, such a fun image and lovely bright papers - what a talented young man, and a good little business man by the sounds of it!
Pauline
x

Cathy said...

Great card, your grandson is lucky to have you as his mentor, Cathy x

Unknown said...

Ooh this is fab so bright and fun! Perfect!
Lucy x

Carol L said...

What a fun story and fun card too! I love all the layering!!

Brenda said...

Awww, I loved reading the story behind this card!! How fun that your grandson comes over to just make a card, I love it! I wish my grandchildren lived closer by me so they could do this too. Mr. P's card is adorable, he has a good eye when it comes to putting dies together! But it is his business side that you gotta love, how smart of him to sell his card to you. lol I had to chuckle about that one, he is one smart little fella! Hugs, Brenda

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very cute card! I like the layers!

KT Fit Kitty said...

I will say the young fellow has talent! Nice job! And he's a good salesman too! I like the idea of having the die cuts pre-cut and ready to use - sometimes I craft with my nieces and this is a great idea - thank you!

Carol said...

A business man in the making me thinks Maureen! He's made a fabulous job of this card. Carol x

Di said...

Oh my word Mr P - this is just brilliant! And I did so laugh, out loud, about you selling your card to Grandma :)

Oh, and I do love the frog there in his own space :)

Hugs

Di xx

MaryH said...

Easy to see that he's inherited his Grammy's skill at design & coloring. This is simply adorable...and the colors of the mats are so cheery. Like the stripey paper and the layout with the papers compliments his mat circles. You'll have to get him a Misti so that it is easy to do repeat stamping, if you don't get a sharp image the 1st time. So glad you shared his latest effort. TFS & Hugs

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
oh didn't he do great.
This is so fab, and wonderfully designed.
He is definitely has a crafty flair that's for sure.
Also a budding business man in the making.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Kathleen said...

Brilliant card from Mr P, glad that he takes an interest and a clever boy and looks like a future entrepreneur.

Kath x

cuilliesocks said...

My goodness Sue, What a fabulous card, the layout and colours are super, he really is a chip of the old block, hugs Kate x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Thanks for the tip about storing the pre-cut dies! I think I have a few of those photo albums in my stash!

Sandy said...

Looks like we are all giving Mr. P two thumbs up !!! What a smart kid !
Sandy xx

Sassy Raggedy said...

WOW Hats off to Mr. P....This is fantastic. I love the layers and the little frog is adorable. Hugs, joann

Hettie said...

This is BRILLIANT Mo. Well done Mr P.
Hugs
xx

Greta said...

Oh how sweet--love the story! Mr. P's card is just darling!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Wow, he has made a lovely card, great design and a fun image. And he's a clever businessman :)

Love and hugs
Maarit

Pia S said...

It sounds like he's a really clever young boy. His card is so cute. Keep it for years and give it to him once he's older and have forgotten about it, then I'm sure he'll really appreciate it and not for the dollars sake:)

Bonnie said...

Not only is Mr. P a wonderful artist, but he's a good businessman too!

Lindsey said...

Cute! Love the frog x

April said...

So cute! I love the layered dies. Great job!

Elizabeth said...

You not only have a cardmaker in the making in Mr P but something of an entrepreneur too! It's a great card - like his idea of layering up the die cut shapes :) Have a wonderful weekend. Elizabeth xx