Thursday 31 July 2014

Frames - Round II Card 1

Hope you are not too tired of my inked Massa frames as I have another one to show you today.
I used a snippet of teal card for the frame this time and then inked again with two shades of green and some ivory as well.
Much the same drill as last time, but this time a sentiment that would suit many occasions.  I will chose a appropriate sentiment for the insert, once I know what occasion I will use this for.


What luck that I had this  inspirational stamp that fit so perfectly in the square aperture. I think it is an older Stampin Up stamp as it has that hand cut red rubber look to it. There is not a label on the top and no markings of any sort on the sides....Perhaps I forgot to stick the clear sticker on top after I got over the shock of cutting it up! If anyone recognizes it, please let me know.

The DP has a shimmery embossed design. Here is a close up of the sheen...

As many of you know, I survived my personal quest to create 50 cards without spending on consumables. I was much easier than I thought. I celebrated that achievement by attending the local scrapbook garage sale, stocked up on bargains and put myself back into the freezer until I make 50 more! I have actually made several of the further 50 already...but it takes time to organize the blog posts so am a bit behind! I will just make note of the finished cards number in my titles!

Recipe
Card and base - from my stash
DP - First Edition Boho Chic
Card Stock - snippet of Bazzill teal card
Dies - Memory Box Massa Leaf Frame die
Flower - maybe a Prima or perhaps a Recollections...but I am not sure. This is my VOS item...bought these flowers when they first were in style...and then hoarded them ever since!
Stamp - I think it is an old Stampin Up stamp
Inks - Prima Invild Bolme Chalk inks

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge - must cover card with paper
3. Fussy and Fancy Challenge - #119 Words
4. Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
5. Marks Finest Papers Inspirational Challenge #74 - Luau Wedding Tables ( I was inspired by the flowers on the tables)
6. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything goes
7. Kraftin Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday - Anything goes
8. Whimsy Stamps Challenge - #72 Summertime ( flowers bloom is summer)

28 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Another stunner of a card and flower.xxx♥aNNie
The Journey is the Start

wannabcre8tive said...

What a fabulous card! I love the pink and the beautiful bloom you chose to use for this beauty. Thank you for joining us for the Speedy TV Inspiration challenge.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A beautiful card Maureen, love the gorgeous flower! I have cut back on my crafty spending too but mainly because my mojo is severely lacking, hope it reappears in the Autumn! Susan xx

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is lovely! Thanks for sharing at Fussy & Fancy and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Mo this is gorgeous love the simplicity of the design the colours and that frame look superb.
hugs
lorraine x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This is gorgeous!

Warm hugs
Maarit

cuilliesocks said...

Another gorgeous card Mo, it's a lovely design and the colours so pretty, lovely embossed background too, hugs Kate X

Pia S said...

I think this looks absolutely beautiful, Maureen! That die cut leafy frame, what a treasure!! You've made this a feminine all occasion card, I'm sure an occasion will arise when you need just this kind of card!

Kathy Bradley said...

Very pretty and elegant card - and thanks for joining us at MFP's SpeedyTV's Inspiration CHallenge!

Unknown said...

Another lovely use of that die. I really think I may be adding that to my wish list. Glad you went on a bit of a splurge before reinstituting your buying ban. I'm impressed with you will power.

cotnob said...

Another beautiful card Mo, your sentiment is lovely and fits perfectly on your leafy frame.
Pauline
x

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design, nicely done
Hugs Julie P

Tracy said...

Good for you for doing another round :)
Your card is so pretty and I love the shimmery paper.

Sassy Raggedy said...

Round II huh...lol Such a lovely card my friend. You are one committed lady...Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

Denise Goeldner said...

Such a lovely card, very pretty. Thanks so much for joining us over at Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenge, good luck and hope to see you again.
~ Denise DT ~
Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenge
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}

Erika said...

Another fab card Mo and I think you are doing great with your challenge.
I love the sentiment stamp on this card too.
Enjoy your weekend and happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

Di said...

Beautiful card Mo - no way could I decide between this one and the original, I do love the sentiment here!

Now chick, I've gone through my LOTV Art Pad (Here Comes Annabel) and pulled out all three of the little poppet with her saddle etc. for little Miss C - plus one of each of the other images for you. I hope you haven't gone and bought them - and is it OK to post to you next week. I know you spend time at the Lake but it's just a small padded or hard backed packet.

Just let me know!

Hugs

Di xx

Jingle said...

This is lovely! I like that sentiment block! Thanks so much for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

April said...

Such a lovely card! Great job again! xo

Redanne said...

Your card is beautiful and I love how the sentiment fits into the lovely frame. The flower is gorgeous too. I so wish I had your resolve not to spend.... Anne xx

Unknown said...

The background is so pretty. Thank you for sharing your wonderful art with us today.
Blessings, Carole, Word Art Wednesday

Jean said...

A very pretty card, I like the pink DP and the lovely leafy frame.
Jean x

nwilliams6 said...

I totally love this card. Great bg, great greenery, and super flower and image. I love that stamp you used - one of my faves - I may drag it out and play with it as well. Well done! Hugz!

May said...

Gorgeous card Mo, I adore the background & perfect sentiment...the colours are so beautiful... Hugs May x x

Greta said...

Hurray--you did it! I'm not being quite so specific as you, but I'm also on pretty much a spending freeze unless I get a gift certificate & it feels so good to actually use more of my huge stash! New stuff is nice, but I actually still like a lot of my old images & embellishments--even if they aren't trendy--LOL! Anyway--you're always an inspiration & I love this card!

Hettie said...

What a great frame Mo. I love the colours too.
Now it didn't take you long to be back in clink having spent your rations!
Hugs
xx

Janis said...

This is really gorgeous!!! Congrats on your achievement!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

MaryH said...

Another pretty design, with that fab leafy branch in the pretty paper, and that shimmery flower trim. That is such a lovely pink in the background and perfect with the soft teal of the leafy branch. I admire that you met the goal of 50 cards from your stash. Please come give me lessons. We could have a ball! I now have room to set up a table in that new area. TFS