Thursday, 31 July 2014

Frames - Round II Card 1

Hope you are not too tired of my inked Massa frames as I have another one to show you today.
I used a snippet of teal card for the frame this time and then inked again with two shades of green and some ivory as well.
Much the same drill as last time, but this time a sentiment that would suit many occasions.  I will chose a appropriate sentiment for the insert, once I know what occasion I will use this for.

What luck that I had this  inspirational stamp that fit so perfectly in the square aperture. I think it is an older Stampin Up stamp as it has that hand cut red rubber look to it. There is not a label on the top and no markings of any sort on the sides....Perhaps I forgot to stick the clear sticker on top after I got over the shock of cutting it up! If anyone recognizes it, please let me know.

The DP has a shimmery embossed design. Here is a close up of the sheen...

As many of you know, I survived my personal quest to create 50 cards without spending on consumables. I was much easier than I thought. I celebrated that achievement by attending the local scrapbook garage sale, stocked up on bargains and put myself back into the freezer until I make 50 more! I have actually made several of the further 50 already...but it takes time to organize the blog posts so am a bit behind! I will just make note of the finished cards number in my titles!

Card and base - from my stash
DP - First Edition Boho Chic
Card Stock - snippet of Bazzill teal card
Dies - Memory Box Massa Leaf Frame die
Flower - maybe a Prima or perhaps a Recollections...but I am not sure. This is my VOS item...bought these flowers when they first were in style...and then hoarded them ever since!
Stamp - I think it is an old Stampin Up stamp
Inks - Prima Invild Bolme Chalk inks

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge - must cover card with paper
3. Fussy and Fancy Challenge - #119 Words
4. Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes

Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Frames and Flowers - Card 50

Di at Pixies Crafty Workshop recently featured this card.  I loved it right off the hop and imediately started thinking about my own flowers. They are getting antsy trapped in those glass jars on my desk...they want out!
Besides, that flower ticker at the top of my blog needs adjusting!

Di's card inspired me to create some floral cards of my own. While rummaging about in the bunkie (summer Art, I found this NBUS Memory Box frame die... Massa Leaf Frame Die. I thought it would make a great frame for my flower. I inked it up with three shades of Invild Bolme Prima chalk inks. I used 2 greens and an ivory ink. They dry almost instantly so are easy to work with. I like the way the inking turned out.

Recipe - card base from my stash
DP - First Edition  Bird Song
Card stock - snippet of cream card inked green
Dies - Memory Box, Massa Leaf Frame die
Tags - from the Bird Song Stack
Flower - Prima or maybe Recollection...I think
Hessian - snippet from my stash
Bling - teensy green diamond
Inks - Prima Invild Bolme Chalk Inks, 2 green and an ivory

This is the final card of my first 50 cards made from my stash. I was on a consumables spending paper, ribbon, embellishments, chipboard, stickers, twine...if it was consumable, I did not buy it. Instead, I shopped my stash. It was fun and surprisingly easy to do

On the other hand, stamps and dies are non consumable and were fair game...but I did not really purchase many of those either. I just got in the habit of not shopping as much and just really enjoyed it. I have challenged  myself to make 50 more...but will just track my progress by adding the card number to my  titles.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Crafty Sentiments Challenge - Anything Goes
3. Die Cutting Divas - Anything Goes

Sunday, 27 July 2014

Christmas Card Club #16 Trees - My Card #49

This fortnight is was Sylvie at Gibmiss's turn to chose the theme. She chose trees...use a tree anywhere on your card. Right away, I wanted to use a stamp I won last year at Marks Finest Papers. It is my NBUS item for this card.  I loved it when I won it,  and of course still do...but until today, it had never been inked.

This card will be for a friend who is into restoring old vehicles. He will get a kick out of it. I do wish I had coloured it aqua instead of pale would have showed up more on the card and I have nicer aqua DP. I may just make up a second card and try that colour combination! Once I am home again, I may try a Wink of Stella on the truck, just to perk it up a little.

I kept the card fairly simple. Just a sheet of candy DP from a 6x6 stack and a bit of burlap ribbon behind a snippet of dotty DP from that same stack. Will have to update the stack name later as I am up at the bad!

The sentiment was prised off a chipboard embellishment. It used to have another dark green circular bit behind it but the shade of green was wrong so I tore it off and substituted a blue scalloped diecut circle.

Card base - hand cut from my card stock stash
DP - unknown 6x6 Xmas stack
Card Stock - snippets of blue and burgundy card from my stash
Dies - Spellbinders petite ovals and petite scalloped ovals, sentiment blue mat is the smallest petite scalloped circles die
Sentiment - chipboard circle from my stash
Twine - from my stash, jute ribbon cut from a piece a hessian
Stamp - Marks Finest Papers Christmas Bridge

I am entering this card in the following challenges
1. Christmas Card Club - must be Christmas
2. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
3. Marks Finest Papers - Christmas Card Challenge
4. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - must cover card with paper
5. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - Must be Christmas
6. Penny Black and More at Allsorts - Dies/punches